- Think about the shot: Good photography isn’t about taking out your camera and clicking pictures randomly. You have to observe the subject first, which you are going to take pictures of. Visualize what you want to capture and then capture the image. This will give you an idea as to what lens to use, how much will be the shutter speed and what will be the focal length.
- Get the composition spot on: For achieving a truly stunning photograph, the composition should be perfect. You might have a great DSLR, but that’s not enough. In order to compose a photo, you have to decide the place from where you want to take the picture, the direction that you want to point your lens at and when to fire the shutter.
- Check your camera setting: Whether you are using a high-end DSLR or just a basic camera, you need to check its setting before shooting anything. Every landscape or object is different, and you have to set your camera accordingly. It’s best to manually set your camera rather than depend on presets.
- Set the Aperture: Aperture undoubtedly is one of the most important elements of photography. Whether you want the focus simply on the object or include the background as well will depend on what value of aperture you set on your camera.
- Use shutter speed: Shutter controls how much longer the lens is exposed to the light. If the object is in motion, setting the shutter speed appropriately is imperative.
- Get the white balance: With a change in climatic temperature, the light also changes. Precisely for this reason, you have to manage the white balance of your camera whether it’s sunny, cloudy or at night.
Should I really let my kids use these waterproof digital cameras?
Absolutely! It is not a silly idea to allow kids use these rugged kid tough digital camera models. These are built to be durable, not just from the elements but from knocks, drops and spills too. There are even freeze proof and crush proof models which mean that these can withstand the elements as well as whatever life throws at them, making these great everyday cameras.
Ditch the toy camera and get an “adult” kid tough digital camera instead
These digital waterproof cameras need not cost that much more than the toy waterproof kids camera versions, depending on the level of specification required. Any incremental cost is mitigated by the vast improvement in specifications – you are actually getting much more for your money. Also is the practical consideration of having to carry two cameras, when one in fact will suffice. If a family needs a regular compact camera, it would make financial and practical sense to buy a kid tough digital camera.
The Kid tough digital camera brands are seriously tough!
These digital waterproof cameras are much better specified than the toy waterproof kids camera models. Features include:
- Waterproof: These cameras are not just spills and damp proof; these can be taken underwater with some being able to withstand depths of 10m / 33ft
- Shock proof: Some can be dropped from heights of 2m / 6.6ft and still work
- Dust proof: Many are specially sealed and coated so no dust or sand can penetrate the body
- Freeze proof: Some are able to operate in sub-zero conditions of -10C / 14F making these cameras ideal for the winter including skiing or snowman building
- Crush proof: The flagship Olympus Tough Stylus 8010 can withstand up to 220lbf / 100kgf force which means that kids and adults alike can jump on it, sit on it or throw things on it
- Greater resolution: These cameras have a minimum resolution of 10MP
- Focal length: All cameras have a proper optical zoom with some offering wide angle or 5x zoom
- Lightweight: The weights of these vary but all are less than 200g. In contrast, the Fisher Price and Vtech camera models range from 300g to well over 1.5kg.
Which are the best kid tough digital camera manufacturers?
The best digital waterproof cameras to consider are:
- Olympus Stylus Tough (or Olympus Mju) 8010, 6020 and 3000
- Pentax waterproof W90 and WS80
- Panasonic waterproof camera Lumix TS10 / FT10
- Fuji waterproof camera XP10
- Canon waterproof camera D10
As time changes, there is a new concept which is trending. This new trend is called pre-wedding photo shoots. Everyone wants to flaunt about how they met and how their love story started and what better way to tell this through a pre-wedding photo shoot. Photographs are the best way to showcase anything. Every photograph has a huge story behind it. They are the most expressive tools available. There are many pre-wedding photographers available in Delhi. They are very talented and come up with creative concepts for not only pre-wedding shoots, but also other photo shoots.
They are professional photographers who come with a very affordable fee. They have very good skills and very professional. These photographers are ideal for pre-wedding photo shoots and never disappoint any client. They have their own tools and own props so that the client does not need to worry about the props and location and can easily enjoy their photo shoot.
If you are someone who does not have the budget to afford a pre-wedding photoshoot, here are some tips to make it happen on your own. Although professional photo shoots are always preferable, you can do it too! All you need is a good quality camera and a pretty location.
Whenever you take a closer shot use a longer lens. This helps taking a very detailed shot and helps capture those small and subtle details which are important to capture. Midrange lenses are not recommended as they might make the people look broader and unflattering. Longer and higher resolution lenses are always recommended and advised for great quality pictures. Always shoot in burst mode available as most of the poses are candid and a continuous movement goes on. When pictures are clicked in burst mode, it helps in capturing fleeting movements for a photo shoot.
Also set your shutter speed beforehand for capturing continuous movements. This helps to click continuous shots and helps to have multiple pictures and options to choose from. You can choose the best pictures by setting your shutter speed. Also talking to the couple beforehand is important. The couples are not models, so they can be camera conscious. Therefore, talking to them beforehand is always advised.
With a professional camera, a beautiful location and the couple, you are good to go. With all of them together and a great photographer, your pre-wedding photo shoot will turn out to be the best.
- Background: A clean, white seamless background is recommended for most products. Use same background for your products to maintain the required consistency among images.
- Equipment: Tools are the basic need for anything. Get a good camera, sturdy tripod, quality lights and other basic necessities commonly required for photography.
- Context: Sometimes it’s quite useful to evaluate a product with respect to its surroundings, especially where size matters. A bed sheet is always shown stretched on a bed for the purpose of showing its actual size.
- Props: Whether props should be used or not? It depends on the product. Sometimes using props is very much suggested but at times it can prove killer for the product. When clothes look best on a model or mannequin, it can shift the focus away when used with jewelry.
- Preparing: How you prepare the product really matters. Keep the product neat and clean and in presentable form. Make sure everything is perfect.
- Many Angles: Show your product with multiple angles so that customers can see all the details of your product. Images are the only way to communicate with the customers in e-commerce, so don’t leave the customer disappointed with very limited number of images. Show at least 6-7 images per product. Give a close-up view to capture minute and complex details.
- Emotion: Emotions can be hard to express or communicate with a simple product image. Try to take shots that can emote. You can link your product with family values or something like this. The product is there but connected with emotions.
- Consistency: It is very critical aspect in e-commerce product photography. Any professional e-commerce site must have consistency across all photos. All products should be photographed on the same backgrounds or with subtle changes. Consistency gives more smooth and professional look to your e-commerce website.
- Size: Always present appropriate size images. Small pictures are not very effective with sales point of view. Keep high resolution large size photos for better sales conversion.
- Video: If an image is a trailer of a movie, a video is like a whole movie. So extend your limits and offer a video of your product. Video will do wonders in case you are selling complicated products with moving parts or pieces.
- Don’t forget: When you post something online it immediately starts to move down to the bottom of content. A week, two weeks from now you will forget all about those pictures and comments. If you have an amazing summer wouldn’t you want a constant reminder of the good times? Printing out the pictures will allow you to put them up in your home, office or anywhere else you wish so that you can have that reminder of those great moments.
- The perfect gift: There will certainly be some special moments coming up this summer. Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations and other events that you want to remember as well as provide a gift for. What better gift is there (and affordable) than immortalizing a fond memory or multiple. For example, if your parents anniversary is coming up wouldn’t it be great to get their wedding photo printed on higher quality, touched-up and put in a beautiful frame?
- Make them laugh: Parents especially, your kid may be heading off to college or starting a new life away from home. Well why not give them a surprise gift that always reminds them of you and even makes them laugh a little bit? Taking a picture of yourself (aka a selfie) is a perfect way to make sure you end up on the wall of fame and always provide a pleasant reminder that your child is loved.
It doesn’t matter if you are taking a selfie, a professional looking picture, social media photos or anything else. These pictures mean something to you and the best way to remember them is not to just post them on social media but to actually print them out and put them on your wall. Not your Facebook wall, but an actual wall in your home.
Matrix of digital camera
The quality of the image depends largely on the matrix – a device with a certain amount of light elements. It is responsible for color, noise, the transfer of small details, the depth of field. The number of pixels does not always correspond with the image. Also digital camera matrix is characterized by sensitivity to light. To get high quality photos, the camera should be able to manually set the sensitivity, because in the automatic mode electronics use this option not that good. The best images obtained with sensitivity below 100 ISO, but sometimes there is a need to shoot high value of this parameter, for example, in the dark. It would therefore be better if the edge sensitivity in digital cameras will be as wide as possible.
Optics and digital camera lenses
Selection of optics is crucial. First of all, pay attention to this parameter and zoom which can be digital or optical. Good cameras have both, and given only cheaper digital zoom. Digital zoom is performed by an increase in the frame after the shooting and before truncation of its size, thereby losing quality. Optical zoom works through changes in focal length lens. In practice, they are mainly used to enlarge when physically impossible to approach the subject. Sometimes manufacturers indicate zoom value, multiplying at an optical digital.
If you’re interested in camera with optical zoom, it would be important focal length lenses, as well as the possibility of installing a replacement optics.
Image quality on how well the electronics will handle data from the matrix. Manufacturers indicate only file formats, which are stored images from the camera. Most cameras record data in the only format JPEG, which took place far less than professional formats, but visually differs little from them. Supporting of professional formats (TIFF, RAW) said on a higher level software and equipment of good quality electronics.
Digital Camera Power Supply
Often choosing a camera we pay no attention to digital camera power supply. And to be franc, it does not affect the quality of images (but will affect the price and usability).
Some cameras are fed from the normal AA batteries, which are not lasting for more than 50 shots.
There are cameras, feeding of lithium batteries. Sometimes they are built into the camera, that, first, uncomfortable in the absence of several sockets, and secondly, the duration of their service is limited. Another option is alkaline batteries, which is one of the best options. But in any case, the emergency power source will not be redundant.If you want compare prices on batteries it is wise – camera batteries [http://www.prolabphoto.com/Digital-Cameras/Camera-Batteries] site.
Some digital cameras are equipped with a built-in memory, but usually no more than 32 megabytes. Therefore, most digital image is stored on external memory card. Normal size is 2-4 Gigabytes for this moment. Any of the existing cards will work, because speed of the processor is an appropriate in camera. The difference is only in the price of memory card. The most expensive to date are MemoryStick (Sony) and xD-Picture Card (Olympus), and the most compact available and reliable Secure Digital.
The display of digital camera
The advantage of digital cameras have LCD displays. First, they allow to immediately view the captured frame and immediately withdraw it again, secondly, to provide an opportunity to withdraw from uncomfortable regulations, performing the function viewfinder, thirdly, displays all the camera settings. By the undoubted worth minus additional costs including battery, from this point of view mirror cameras are better. For convenience, it is important that the LCD screen was equipped with a turning mechanism and had by the largest possible resolution.
Digital cameras without a flash are not suitable for work in conditions of poor illumination. Cheap models equipped with a built flash, which to some extent helps, but sometimes may, instead, give excessive illumination. In such cases, appropriate use of digital cameras connected to the external flash. Along with the timing of momentum going on exchange of information between the flash and camera on the necessary energy for momentum. Connection type flash, unfortunately, every manufacturer makes different connectors, and there is no general standard yet.
Even though wireless security cameras are typically easy to install, they are available in several different choices for connectivity – which can make a huge difference in installation, image quality and overall performance. The classic wireless camera system broadcasts the radio signal over the air to a receiver, which is tuned to the same frequency as the cameras, just like in old analogue broadcast TV. The main downside of this type of signal transmission is that it’s prone to interference problems, which often cause the video to become distorted or break up completely. The signal can also be intercepted by anyone with a baby monitor or wireless scanner, making it vulnerable to prying eyes. In addition, it can be quite difficult to install multiple wireless cameras within this system as they usually experience cross-talk with each other.
While “analogue wireless” cameras are still being utilized in surveillance systems found in many households and businesses today, more advanced, digitally-paired wireless systems that address the above-mentioned issues have been developed. These systems modulate the video signal into a digital bit stream, which is then transmitted as data between the cameras and the receiver, the same way modern digital broadcast TV works. This produces a secured connection between the wireless cameras and the base station, making it virtually impossible to eavesdrop. The buffered, digital signal also prevents signal loss, which causes distortion or noise, and greatly improves image quality. Wireless IP cameras are the latest development in CCTV surveillance. In an IP-based wireless system, each camera outputs a data stream, rather than a video signal. The cameras use Wifi to connect to the wireless network and software to manage the cameras. Wireless IP cameras provide the highest quality video performance.
Wireless camera systems are typically uncomplicated, so you can install the equipment on your own. While the camera installation process may vary slightly according to the model, the basic installation procedure for wireless cameras is the same.
- Decide which part of the house to install your wireless video camera in. Most wireless security cameras can be installed indoors or outdoors. But outdoor wireless cameras are specifically designed with a wider viewing angle to help monitor large outdoor areas. They also come with night vision and a tough, weather-resistant protective housing.
Mount your cameras near entryways so you can record anyone entering the house or exiting. It’s also recommended that you install cameras directly above your valuables so you can monitor them at all times. Other ideal locations include: around the perimeter of your property and areas where they can be seen by anyone inside the property to deter potential intruders. Make sure there’s no obstruction between the camera and the receiver if you’re installing an analogue wireless system.
- Identify the most appropriate angle for the cameras. Ensure the camera allows you to keep watch over the largest area possible.
- Bolt the camera mounting plane onto the wall. This will typically require you to get a power drill, bolts, screw, and mounting brackets. Most surveillance cameras come with the required hardware. Check the manual for specific manufacturer instructions regarding the installation of your particular model.
Hold the camera’s mounting bracket into place using one hand, and then use the other to mark the screw holes with a pencil. If the screws need to be in a stud, get a stud finder from a local store so you can find an appropriate place for mounting. But if the camera doesn’t have to be screwed into a stud, you can hold the camera’s mounting bracket into place using a drywall anchor bolt.
- Place the wireless video camera on the mounting plane.
- Plug the video camera into the power outlet or insert the batteries.
- Follow manufacturer instructions to synchronize the video camera to your receiver.
Cropping the photo
In most of the photos, even if they are well composed, you will find that there are some portions in it which you do not need. Hence the next step in Photoshop image editing is to remove the unwanted area of the photo, which can be easily done by using the crop tool. You have to press the control key to select the crop tool, and then create a box inside your photo. As you notice a tick-box in the corners of your crop-box, you can move and resize your area to select the precise area you wish to crop.
Removing Sensor Dust
Another element to enhance the quality of your photo is to remove the spots of dust which many times sticks to the lens of your camera. The sensor dust and other crud on your camera’s sensor are most visible on images taken at small apertures or those taken on plain areas such as the sky. Hence you should use the Healing Brush to get rid of the dust spots on the photo.
The next important factor in Photoshop image editing is to boost the contrast of the image to make it more lively. This can be easily done by brightening the highlights and darkening the shadows of the image. You have to drag the white arrow (right hand) in the levels window to the left for lightening, and the black arrow (left hand) to the right for darkening.
Fine tuning the colors
In some images, you may need to fine tune the colors of your picture, as garish, noisy colors often look awful. Hence you can boost the saturation levels of your image. Although adding lots of saturation makes the picture look more colorful, but you should try to keep the changes to the colors minimal as more saturation may make the image look unnatural.
Sharpening up the image
Finally you should sharpen up the image to make it more clear and precise. Almost all digital images can be sharpened up, but the exact settings will depend on the final image has to be viewed on screen or has to be seen in a printed format. This has to be done very discreetly to avoid unwanted digital noise.
Just about anyone can be a photographer these days, with as many camera devices as we keep. With this in mind, not everyone that takes photos is proud of the photos that they have taken. There are a few people that are lucky enough to take incredible photos every single time that they pick up a camera. However, modern day people with no professional training, takes photos so they can have something to show their family and friends.
Using a tool to combine multiple photographs together is actually a simple task. The only thing that you will need to do is take a few photographs that you are proud to display. Once the photographs have been captured, you will then need to search the net to find a tool that gives you the option to combine them. Make sure that you have uploaded the photographs to a computer, so you can make any changes that need to be made to them, first, before attempting to combine them.
Once the photos have been uploaded to a computer, log online and simply enter in the search terms, combine photos. You will be astonished by the amount of pages you will find on the internet, that will enable you to complete this task. It is important that you do not upload your photos to the first site that you come across. Read through some reviews of the various sites, before making your choice.
After locating a site that you trust, you will need to locate a place on the website that allows you to upload the photos that you have stored onto your computer onto the site. Once the photos have been uploaded, then the fun begins. Typically, sites that allow you to combine your photos will already have specialty pieces of software that are available to help you add and erase certain parts of your photo away, so you can end up having the perfect photograph combination.
Let’s begin by speaking about accessories that are usually considered an absolute necessity for digital camera owners. Regardless of what type of camera you own, every camera owner will have to own a battery charger. Battery charges are an absolute necessity for cameras because, without charged batteries, your camera cannot work! If you own a newer camera, chances are it came with its own battery and battery charger. Make sure to store this charger in a safe place as replacing it can often be quite pricey. If you own an older camera, it may take batteries. While some people are fine with purchasing new batteries each time their battery dies, it is often a good idea to purchase two sets (so you always have an extra set) of rechargeable batteries and a battery charger, so that you do not have to make a trip to the store every time you need new camera batteries!
If you own a digital camera you will also need to purchase a memory card. Although some cameras come with memory cards, many will have to be purchased separately from the camera. Memory cards are small, stamp size, electronics that store the digital information from your camera. Memory cards allow camera owners to store anywhere from 250-2000 photographs and to transfer these photographs from their camera to a computer via a connector cord or a memory card reader.
Although they are not necessities, camera cases are a highly recommended camera accessory. Not only are camera cases great for transferring your camera and holding camera accessories, but they are also necessary for your cameras protection. Cameras are very easily damaged by extreme weather conditions, sand, moisture, and dust. Camera cases give your camera the protection that it needs from all possible causes of damage, keeping your camera and your precious memories safe.
Additional, optional, camera accessories include digital photograph printers, tripods, flash attachments, and lens filters. Digital photograph printers allow individuals to transfer and print their photographs directly from their camera to their printer. Many digital photograph printers also offer various features to help edit your photographs before you print them. Tripods, although not a necessity, are often popular among those who are serious about photography. Tripods offer a secure place to set your camera when taking timed or motion photographs. More for professional photographers, flash attachments are a great accessory that allow the photographer to control their own light settings. Lens filters are also more for serious photographers and are accessories which are used to protect the camera lens and to create special effects.
If you own, or are looking to purchase, a digital camera you will need to purchase a battery charger and a memory card. You should also seriously consider purchasing a camera storage case to protect your camera from damage. If you want to print your photographs from the comfort of your own home than you will need to purchase a digital photography printer. For those of you who are more serious about photography, you may also consider purchasing a tripod, external flashes, and lens filters.